- Goodness is expected from them.
Before strangers interact with a person, it is already know that the person is good.
- They restrain themselves from engaging in evil deeds.
A wise person tries his best to avoid sins and does not perform any evil actions.
- They appreciate other people’s good acts.
When they see people performing good acts, they acknowledge it and pleased by it.
- They are humble in regards to their own good acts.
When a wise person commits a good act, he or she does not think use the act as a reason to think highly of themselves. They think of any good act as very minor in the grand scheme of things.
- They never express reluctance when people approach them for help.
A wise person will always give advice or help others, even if they are exhausted or hesitant. They are always available for people who are in need of their help.
- They always seek knowledge throughout their life.
A wise person will never stop seeking knowledge. They remember the Prophet’s saying “Seek knowledge from cradle to grave.”
- They would rather be poor and have a strong relationship with God rather than being wealthy without God.
- A wise person always puts God first in their life.
A wise person will always honor God and have humility before God as a top priority, and will value these ideals more than having the respect of other individuals, even close friends, managers, coworkers, or even worldly leaders.
- They live life without regard for fame or popularity.
A wise person does not seek to have their name widely recognized or publicized for their accomplishments or for any other reason. They are happy to live without worldly acknowledgement.
- Wise people do not view themselves as better than the other people in their society.